Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Life of a Redheaded Mommy: Meet Me!

The Life of a Redheaded Mommy: Meet Me!

Hello! My name is Heather Anderson. I'm 24 years old and married to an amazing man named Ike. Together, with the Lord, we are raising our beautiful four year old daughter, Evelyn ( or Evie). Ike and Evie are my world and I do everything I can to make sure they have a happy, healthy, Christ-centered life.





I grew up in Pennsylvania and moved to Texas at 15 after my parents divorced. At 19 I gave birth to my daughter Evelyn. When she was 9 months old her birth father left us and I became a single mom. It was pretty scary to suddenly be raising an infant by myself over night but I was incredibly blessed with amazing and supportive parents who took us in and helped every step of the way. I picked myself up, got a job and focused on being a good mommy. It was tough but I did it!

When I was 21 I met my husband. We met through my friend, now sister-in-law, Shannan. She asked me to come out to the Stockyards with her, her boyfriend, and his brother. I was going through a lot at the time and wasn't really up for it, but she convinced me other wise. To this day I'm very glad she did. If I hadn't gone out that night, I never would have met her boyfriend's younger brother and marry him two years later. Funny how God works!!

Now we are a happy little family. Ike loves Evie like his own and she sees him as Daddy. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family, a beautiful little girl, and a loving husband who helped me find the Lord.






No comments:

Post a Comment