Monday, December 2, 2013

20 Reasons Why I Want to Homeschool

20 Reasons Why I Want to Homeschool

1. It's safer. I feel much better having my little one here at home with me then in some big building that someone can shoot up. Call me paranoid but that's just how I feel.

2. She will have the freedom to learn what she wants to.

3. We can have prayer and a religious learning base.

4. She won't have to worry about bullying or peer pressure.

5. No 5 a.m. mornings when its raining and gross outside. No running to catch the bus or rushing to get everyone to school on time.

6. Family vacations can count as "Field Trips"

7. I have more control over what she learns and when she learns it.

8. More time for extra actives. Plus they can count as art or gym credit. It becomes part of their school curriculum instead of something else to add to your already crazy schedule.

9.She can get the attention and help she needs. (Since the student:teacher is great)

10.She will be social with people of ALL ages.

11.Save money not having to buy back-to-school clothes and supplies. My husband and I spent over $100 this year for our daughter's school things. She is only in Pre-K and for only 3 hours! The list was crazy. When I was in school, my parents never had to buy things like paper towels and dry erase markers. I'm dreading next year... The list for kindergarten is even bigger.

12. I'll know what is going into the food she eats. plus she wont have to get use to the taste of cafeteria food. (And if any "Bones" series watchers are reading this, they understand why I make my daughter's lunches.)

13. More time together as a family and it will bring everyone closer together.

14. We all can learn new things together. I have already learned some new things teaching my little one and I'm excited to learn more.

15. Don't have to worry about wither or not the school is safe or has good scores.

16. She can learn at her own pace.

17. She wont be sitting in class for 8 hours straight, hungry, tired ,and bored. We can take breaks, mix things up, eat when we want to and take naps if needed.

18. She wont be piled up with homework if she gets sick.( I always seemed to get sick when all my classes had the most work to do...)

19. We can have scripture learning and bible study as part of the curriculum.

20. We can do activities and games whenever we want. What kid doesn't love getting messy?

Now I'm not saying you have to homeschool or that there is anything wrong with public school kids. (My husband and I both went to public schools). I just feel that homeschooling would be the best thing for my daughter and family. But in the long run I'm going to leave it up to my daughter, if she wants to be homeschooled, Great! If she wants to go to public school then that's what we will do. As long as she is happy, healthy, and learning then I couldn't ask for anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment