Sunday, December 1, 2013

Softer Holiday Cookies: YUM!!

Softer Holiday Cookies: YUM!!

Almost everyone who has ever baked cookies has had this problem. Hard, barely bite able cookies. Yuck!!
Well a while back I figured out a trick to keep my cookies soft. Even after several days ( if they last that long) they are still soft. My secret?

Cream Cheese!!!

Every time I use cream cheese my cookies come out great. I just put a little bit in with the butter, sugar, and brown sugar and mix it in. That simple. My family loves them.

Also to make them a little healthier, I like to use margarine instead of butter. It's more heart healthy and easier to work with in my opinion. Or you can just skip the butter all together and just use cream cheese. I ran out of butter the one day so I decided to try it without and they tasted the same.

Since this is a post about cookies and holidays are coming up, I'm going to share a cookie recipe that I use to make my dad. ENJOY!





M&M Cookie Bars

-1/2 cup of butter ( or margarine)
-3/4 cup sugar
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-2 eggs
-2 teaspoons vanilla
-1-1/2 cups flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 cup chocolate chips
-1 cup M&Ms

If you want add about 2 table spoons of cream cheese with the butter.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla. In separate, combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chips and 1 cup of M&M's. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; spread evenly in pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.                                         Makes: 2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment